Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Hey everybody!

I haven't been up to much lately. I was working on writing some for the Crux of the Biscuit but apparently my creative juices are all but dried up so instead I'm here blogging and drinking very cheap port wine. It's terrible but as you all know the trick to drinking very cheap port wine is to ignore the taste. Also, you can put ice in it so it tastes more like water and less like very cheap port wine.

After weeks of struggle, I finally finished Ken Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion. It turned out to be very good in the long run if a bit difficult. The most interesting part of the story was the conflict between Lee and Hank Stamper but it wasn't always the focus. There's too much about a logging strike and the people behind it. The strike was important because it put stress on Lee's and Hank's relationship but the people behind the strike really weren't. Kesey probably could have left out about two-hundred pages of gibberish regarding them and not lost the essence of the story.

I've been being very lazy lately. Well, not so much lazy but tired and indifferent. I can't fall asleep until very late--I think most people would call it very early--sometimes not until 6:30 in the AM. When I finally do fall asleep, I only crash for a few hours but even a few hours wastes about half your day when you fall asleep at 6:30. All I've managed to do this week is reserve a truck to move to Chicago and write just a little bit. I have so much to do before I go too--get new phone numbers, leave a forwarding address at the post office, pack, get some job leads, etc. etc. It's a lot of work to move.

Andy is sick with pneumonia. He got shots in his ass and now has a bunch of inhalers to use and pills to take every day. I think it's funny but he sure doesn't.

Well, in the touching words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home