Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Monday, December 22, 2003

More Toledo today. Yeah, it's all kinds of fun. I did get the heater in my car fixed though. It turned out that the heater core needed flushed which is kinda what I suspected. It's all taken care of, which is good. I almost killed myself the last time I drove to Columbus. No heat means no way to defrost the windshield. Frost on the windshield means I can't see. And when I can't see, I can't drive well. I mean, I can still drive but it's all kinds of crazy dangerous.

I finished Last Exit to Brooklyn today. It was a pretty easy read. I enjoyed the book but it lacked a plot to really drag me into it. It's like, "Hey, check this guy out! He's really fucked up! And this chick is a whore! And this guy is a closet-case! And this guy cheats on his wife! And so does this guy..." It doesn't really get into any sort of background to make the characters feel real. The whole thing is just a literary snapshot of a hard neighborhood in Brooklyn--interesting but not involiving.

When I finished Last Exit, I started reading Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey. I got a few pages in but didn't feel like reading so I put it down and went and rented some movies. I got Hedwig and the Angry Inch which was pretty entertaining but had only one really good song in it and, in my opinion, about the same artistic merit as School of Rock which is actually not all that bad. I also rented a movie about some Cuban poet but I'm saving it for tomorrow. It's by the same director as Basquait which I really enjoyed.

I figure I'll probably put another hour into Sometimes a Great Notion tonight and maybe drink a beer while doing so. I wish I had something really strong, perhaps a Belgian, to drink tonight. Good beer goes so well with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home