Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Generally, I try not to eat insects. I used to though. I've eaten a few ants in my life. Some are good. They taste like lemon. The other ones taste really bad--sort of a cross between dirt and a jar full of lightning bugs. If I found a nest of ill-tasting ants, I killed them. Every last one of them. No foul ant was safe.

I had a friend once who ate a worm. He said it tasted like ketchup in an attempt to get me to eat one too. I liked ketchup but even at that young age I wasn't so desperate for its processed tomato flavor that I would eat a vile, wriggling creature of the earth in order to experience it. In that sense, I was a very intelligent for my age. In the sense of me eating ants to determine if they deserved to live, I was pretty stupid.

I had ostrich jerky once. Actually, I had it twice but both times were on the same day. It's OK but not worth killing an ostrich over.

What strange things have you eaten? I've always wondered what pets taste like. Some of them have to be good. I've heard mouse is considered a delicacy in places where mice are the only things people can afford to eat. Maybe when you're poor your taste-buds become more open-minded. My taste-buds are very closed-closed minded. Mostly, they like beef, beans, and beer. They're prejudiced in favor of words that start with B.

It's crazy that I just realized that now. I'm gonna go mill over it for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home