Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I'm in Toledo. Boo!

I had to pick up some things here and see my family before I go to Chicago this Sunday. I'm glad to have my deep fryer back but not so glad I had to come up here to get it.

I bought the wood I need to build some dividers to make sort of a makeshift bedroom for the loft I'll be living in. It should provide me with a good deal of privacy, maybe not as much as a normal bedroom but enough.

I mentioned I was reading The Subterraneans the other day. I'm done with it now. I enjoyed it. The prose was really interesting but could get kind of confusing. There's one point in which the main character (Jack Kerouac of course but I can't recall what name he used for the book) went home and spend the night at somebody-other-than-his-girlfriend's house. It left me with two questions:

1) Did the main character sleep with the person he went home with?
2) Is that person male or female?

If anyone can answer these questions for me, drop me a line. I need to know.

Now that I'm done with The Subterraneans, I started reading Foundation by Isaac Asimov. It's brilliant! I swear to god. I'm not done with it yet but so far it's one of the best books I've ever read, especially as far as science fiction is concerned. I'm also really glad to have a break from the prose-centric stuff I've been reading lately and read a book by a guy who just wants to tell a damn story. And even without all the flowery language and over-long description, it's still dripping with personality and humor. Plus, Asimov's autobiographical notes on the last page are one of the funniest things I've ever read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home