Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Hello. How are things? That's good to hear....

I went beer shopping today. I bought 13 new beers and for once I didn't accidentally buy any that I've already tried. I got a stouts from Australia, Michigan, and California; some spiced lagers from Wisconsin; Belgian-style beers from Belgium, New York, and Wisconsin; and a couple doppelbocks from all over the damn place. It should be a good time.

I just remembered a shitty beer from another country: Fosters Lager from Australia. The Special Bitter is OK though.

I'm reading a book by Lester Bangs. He's very interesting if two conditions hold true: A) The article is no more than 6 pages and B) The subject matter of the article is only vaguely related to music. Otherwise, you get something like this:

Blah, blah, blah.... I'm Lester Bangs... Blah, blah, drugs... Blah, Blah, Blah... Led Zeppelin sucks... Blah.... I like Count Five.... blah, blah, I hang out with Richard Hell... Blah, blah... I write about music because I'm not talented enough to make it.... Blah, blah, blah, hangover... blah, Velvet Undgerground... Blah... Misogeny... blah, blah, I hang out with the Ramones... blah, drugs, blah, MC5.

And so on...

Has anyone noticed that my blogs are way less entertaining than they used to be? I have.

Does anyone even read this thing? I don't. Well, actually I do. I continually impress myself with how insightful I am.

Did you know that I'm hiding out in my parents' basement lest I get suckered into having a telephone conversation with my evil grandma? I am.

I only have one evil grandma. My other grandma is sweet as cotton candy. Seriously. She bakes a mean lasagna too. My lasagna's meaner though. Seriously. I can out bake my grandma at a lasagna cook-off provided that I got to judge the contest. Nobody appreciates my lasagna on a higher level. Most people just think it's food. But to me, it represents perseverance and triumph over hardship and all kinds of literary crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home