Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I got back to working today after over a week off. I'm waxing boats for the big boat show coming up in about a month. Strangely enough, January is boat season. You'd think it be at a time of the year when people actually go boating but you thought wrong.

I like metal.

I like beer, too. I've sampled 512 to date. I often wonder how many people in this country have tasted more beers than I have. I'd say less than 5% and that's conservative. I'm only 22. By the time I'm thirty, I'll probably have tasted more beer than 99% of the world. It's something I take pride in. Seriously.

I'm addicted to two things in life. One is the taste and appreciation of fine beers (not the alcohol). The other is buying music. At the moment, beer is taking precedence. There's so damn many music nerds that it's hard to impress anybody knowing about music. Beer is so much easier. Too many people in the world assumes that Bud/Miller/Coors is the only way to go. Of the rest of people, too many are satisfied with drinking Guinness or Heineken. So many people drink so much beer and don't know a damn thing about it. It's a shame.

The same people who won't eat at McDonald's and only buy independent records will still drink only beers brewed by the largest corporations. In my opinion, if you want to be indy, if you really want to support small business rather than large corporate juggernauts, you have to drink indy. I do and I lead a more fulfilling life because of it.

Small brewers use higher quality ingredients. They use less additives and chemicals and are less likely to use genetically modified hops and malt. They're also more likely to produce beers that are unfiltered and unpasteurized. This means their beers have a little bit of sediment and haze which is rich in B complex vitamins. Craft-brewed beer is better for you and it tastes better too. Next time you're at a bar, order a Sierra Nevada, Stone, or other beer brewed by people who care about the art and craft of brewing. If you don't like it, try something else. You're bound to find a beverage more satisfying than Bud.

Well, I'm done preaching now. I'll rap with you again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home