Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

For those of you who are new comers, I work w/ a woman whom I have christened Fraeulein X. I consider her my archnemesis and have outlined her behavior here from time to time. Since a brief struggle we had involving a pull-cart and Chicago Public Schools, I've managed to keep her mostly contained. However, it is beyond my power to avoid her completely and even more beyond my power to stop her from making strange noises that annoy the hell out of me. At this point, I consider any utterance that escapes her a strange noise--to include animal-like squeals, distressingly orgasmic moans and what she probably considers her art of conversation.

Lately, she's taken up a new habit which has been grating me to no end (admittedly, it's better than those horrible, horrible moans). What she does is whenever anyone says anything to her, she repeats it back as a sort of question. For example:

Human: "It's so hot outside"
Fraeulein X: "Oh, isn't it so hot outside?"

Human: "I love these cookies."
Fraeulein X: "Oh, don't you love these cookies?"

I'm not exaggerating. She repeats back exactly what you said verbatim plus the addition of one retarded syllable. One day, I think I'll record her talking on the phone and play it back to her. I mean, there's no possible way she'd continue talking like that if she knew how stupid it sounded. Well--actually, she would. This is Fraeulein X we're talking about here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home