Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dear Authors, esp. those who write fiction:

Could you please stop having main characters who have an abnormal affinity for reading and/or "always did best in English." It's cliche to a such a point that the very idea of a well-read protagonist makes me clench my jaw at the taste of bile. I know you want to put a little bit of yourself into your lead. Guess what? Everyone else does too and--this is the part that might be hard to wrap your brain around--people who end up being writers are just bound to like reading and writing better than most. Because of this, I've spend year after year reading story after story w/ all these goddamn bookworm shits as heroes. For God's sake, can't you just write a book about someone who's into professional wrestling or something? Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home