Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm going to Japan tomorrow morning. I leave at eleven in the morning, fly twelve hours, and get there three PM the next day. Even more unnerving is that I leave Tokyo at six in the evening, fly twelve hours and get back in Chicago at four PM on the same day. I get back before I left. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation--something involving international date lines, various tricks of special relativity and whatnot--but my mind refuses to wrap itself around this fact.

Also--I can't imagine the weather there can possibly be anything like the weather here. I figure since they speak Japanese, they won't get the same weather. Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense at first but that's often the case w/ logic in it's purest form.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jesus, that is quite confusing. i never could quite grasp that shit. in astronomy junior year of college i almost, for one brief glimmer of a second, understood the theory of relativity, how time really just depends on WHERE you are looking at it from. WEIRD.
    anyway, have a great time and let me know how that crazy Japanese speaking weather is!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home