Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Edwardo's might be my favorite stuffed crust pizza in town--at least my favorite close to work. I ate there on my pizza break. This got me thinking about a couple things.

For one, everybody I work w/ thinks I'm off my nut completely that I'm willing to walk five minutes to get a lunch I really enjoy rather than settling for something that's w/in a few steps but doesn't quite hit the spot. Sometimes, I just wish I could say, "No wonder you've been on a diet for the past year and haven't lost an ounce." Seriously, the distances we are talking here aren't exactly marathon caliber. If you eat at Subway instead of getting something that is made mostly of organic material because you don't have to walk for it, you are just asking for health problems. Might as well take up smoking, maybe get the clap or bash your face in w/ a bottle of Heineken.

The other thing I always notice is that the young gentleman that usually takes my orders at Edwardo's has consistently bad facial hair and often a bad hairstyle to boot. This isn't much noteworthy aside from the sheer quantity of bad haircuts and oddly sculpted goatees he's went through. He's looked like everything from a short, chubby Eminem w/ a goatee to something akin to a short, chubby Flock of Seagulls w/ a goatee. Again, this is just one of those situations where you really want to--maybe even should--say something, a word advice, but it's socially inappropriate to do so. However, I do have to give this guy some respect. He always gets my pizza to me promptly and is destined to reach the higher levels of Edwardo's management. Also, now that I've been going more often, he recognizes me and hooks me up w/ an extra thign of salad dressing--parmesian and pepper, had to switch from the Caeser due to its anchovy content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home