Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Brothers and Sisters of the CTA:

Once again, I am disturbed to find that your lovely Chicago Card Plus has ceased to function as per its predestined path. This saddens me greatly as I believe all creatures and objects deserve to have their special function on our mother earth. Rest assured I do not take such matters lightly. I fully intend to have it replaced as I did the one that was smote before it--as much as something so close to me can be replaced.
Is there anything I can do to preserve my cards longer? I have faith that the good workers over there have put forth a robust product that I can rely on to not leave me lost and wandering somewhere in Chicago as I am out spreading the word.

I have done nothing to it save keep it my wallet but for a few brief seconds whilst I touched it to the small circle on the turnstyles. Is that not a reasonable thing to do? (Forgive me if I sound naive. I can put forth no pretense of being an intellectual.) Should I get a special carrying case for it, perhaps hire someone to carry it around for me sheltered under a parasol? That would be a small price to pay for a service that I'm already paying for.

Am I going to be reimbursed all the money I'm spending getting to and from my missions? I'm paying both for my monthly pass (which I can't use right now thanks to my faulty card) and for trainfare. I am not in the practice of paying for things more than once. There are many who say I'm oldfashioned but that's how my mother (God rest her soul) raised me.

Your gift of a oneday pass when I had problems in the past was most generous and I feel it was a highly lauditory gesture on your behalf. However, this time myself and my people are in need of hard currency, cash money USA. Whatever will I do with a oneday pass? I already pay for the monthly one. I am but one man under God three hundred sixtyfive days a year. There simply isn't a second one of me not even for a day.
I will most graciously accept my reimbursement as either a credit to my account or by verified check of $3.50 ($1.75 each way) per day from June 30, 2005 until whatever day I receive the card plus an additional twenty dollars for miscellaneous trips which I have every right to take using my monthly pass. Thank you for your kindly cooperation.

In earnest faith,
Br. Francis C. Hays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home