Logical Logbook

My thoughts are worth billions. My logic will end the world.

Monday, November 03, 2003

People of Earth,

I am here to amaze you with my wit, insight, and other boring-ass crap. With any hope, this will be ignored by all and loved by none. It's a good time for the whole family.

I live in scenic Marion, Ohio, home of the Warren G. Harding memorial and several dozen drive-through convenience stores. I earn a living scraping scum off the bottom of boats. Yes, you read that right, I'm the guy who cleans the muck off your boat. Buy me a drink the next time you see me at the bar or I'll make sure your boat is less clean than it would be otherwise. I have that power.

At the moment, I'm looking for a job as a software engineer. If you're looking for a software engineer, drop me a line and I'll send you out a resume so you can file it away without even looking at it like everyone else does. My career prospects are out of this world.

I recently had my application for Teach for America denied. It appears that the poor children of this world have all the help they can possibly use. Who cares if I'm an intelligent and enthusiastic young male that can teach the hell out of math, writing, and science? The kids don't need me; they have apathetic parents, pimps, and drug-dealers as role models.

But, hey, I'm not bitter just because I spent countless hours writing brilliant, insightful essays just to see my dreams washed down the tubes. I'm pleased as punch to tell you the truth. I have so much more free time this way.

On the upside, I have been working on what I think is going to be a pretty decent science fiction novel. Actually, it'll be more of a short story or novella--maybe about halfway in between--sort of a long story short.

My goal here is to cram the most ridiculous, convoluted plot into the smallest space possible. If all goes as planned, it'll read like a cross between Dune and Naked Lunch. You can't go wrong with a crackpot idea like that as long as it's a good crackpot idea. And I think it is. So there.

In other news, I neglected to cut my hair yet again today. It's better the way it is. That way, I know people are staring at me because of my freakish hair (I live in a very small town; hair like mine blows peoples minds) not because I'm such a handsome son of a bitch.

Well, I guess it's time for Logical Franks to brush their teeth, work on their sci-fi, and go to bed. I'll rap with you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home